WOB UK LTD ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We are the controller of the personal data that you provide to us. Our nominated representative for the purposes of processing personal data is Fiona Hathorn.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
Personal data is information about an identifiable individual.
Information that you provide to us:
We may collect and process personal data about you such as your name, job role, organisation, geographical address, telephone number and email address together with payment details as follows:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.womenonboards.net (our site). This includes information provided at the time of signing-up to use our site, subscribing for membership, registering for an event, and building your online profile.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your request or order.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
Information we collect automatically:
We collect some information about you automatically when you visit our websites or use our services including, but not limited to:
- traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access
- information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type.
This information is useful for us as it helps us get a better understanding of how you’re using our websites and services so that we can continue to provide the best experience possible (e.g., by personalising the content you see).
Some of this information is collected using cookies and similar tracking technologies.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission and storage of information on the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data, however we cannot guarantee it's security. Once we have received your information, we will use best-practice procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. If we do become aware of any breach of our security that may have compromised your personal data, we will use best efforts to notify you without delay.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you to perform your contract with us, where you have consented to such use, where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligations or for our legitimate interests. We may therefore use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the information, products or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with information on new products or services that we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- For administering our website and other systems, including by disclosing your personal information to organisations to whom we outsource functions (such as mailing and IT service providers). We prohibit our outsourced providers from using or disclosing your personal information except for their service to us or as required or authorised by or under law.
- To create and publish relevant content, for example
1. to showcase your success on our On Board page when you tell us that you have taken on a new board role;
2. to create attendee lists for events you register for;
3. where you take part in an online forum on our website you should be aware that your contact details will be visible to other participants in the forum; and
4. where a person with a user account for our website accesses the "Browse Member Profiles" function on our website, that person can access the name, organisation and profile summary of any other person with a user account for our website who has chosen to make their WOB Profile public.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about board positions and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post, email or telephone.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way you should contact us at email@example.com before entering personal data on our website.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
With your agreement, we may disclose your personal information to another member or user of the site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If WOB UK LTD or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by setting your Communications Preferences to specify "no emails" and by following the unsubscribe link on any email you recieve; or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. It may take us a few days to manage your preferences, and you agree that we still need to send you service related communications relating to your website user account even when you have requested not to receive marketing communications. You therefore agree that we shall retain your personal data in our records for marketing purposes until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data that we hold and process for you.
You also have the right to require us to correct errors in and update the personal data that we hold and process for you if it is inaccurate or incomplete, to require us to delete your personal data from our records, to request that we transfer your data to another controller and the right to object to automated decision making and/or profiling.
You can exercise these rights or any others you may have under applicable laws by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you are outside of the UK, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.
We retain your personal data in accordance with applicable laws. Therefore, if you are a registered user of our website, we shall retain your personal data until you tell us that you no longer wish to be a registered user, except where we are required to retain your personal data for longer to comply with accounting and taxation requirements. If you have otherwise contacted us with a question or comment, we shall retain your personal data for 6 months following such contact to respond to any further queries you might have.