Preparing female leaders to step into the top jobs
Designed for senior executives around the must-have C-Suite skills that research shows top recruiters are looking for, this revolutionary, state-of-the-art programme will help women step forward with confidence to make the transition into the executive suite.
We run our leadership modular programme twice a year starting in September and January, and open up individual modules for one-off attendance for those unable to commit to the full programme or who have identified very specific development needs.
Getting to the C-Suite January 2019 is currently available at 'early bird' pricing. Click here for course dates and booking.
Individual modules are available for one-off attendance. Click here for dates.
We also run bespoke career and leadership workshops in-house for our corporate member organisations - click here to find out more.
If you have any queries or concerns, please get in touch.
What our participants say:
To date women from UBS, RBS, Virgin Money, PwC, FarFetch, Mercer and Clydesdale Bank have benefitted from the programme. Many have benefited from part or full sponsorship from their employers to fund their places.
"The programme itself [was] ..absolutely spot on in terms of what I was there to develop: higher level leadership, strategic and change management skills. I also loved those follow up “nudges” afterwards, making sure we were implementing what we were learning. Overall the programme was invaluable, and I still regularly refer to my notes and the slides from the course. I think one of the most important things I learned from the C-Suite programme was how the “language of the board” is different from executive language." Click here to read more from Annie Coleman, UBS
"The programme gave me the confidence and commercial skills to be a real leader ... It was unquestionably a huge factor in getting into the partnership process at PwC - what I learned on the course gave me the confidence and made me feel empowered to take the lead in business and commercial discussions that I might not have done previously.
" Click here
to read more from Danielle Perfect, PwC
- "Very good content, format & delivery if you have got to the C-Suite or are on the way there & are leading or managing change."
- "Clear models to breakdown behaviour & actions for effective leadership & influencing."
- "Very helpful& insightful. Real food for thought!"
- "Essential for those involved in any kind of strategy or change role. Provides practical advice & tools you can implement immediately to bring about more effective change."
- "Invaluable particularly if you are at a cross roads in your career. Very reflective, which can be hard/challenging but very important and hopefully will shape my next steps."
Watch our founder Fiona Hathorn's overview of the programme below:
A Revolutionary Programme
Getting to the C-Suite is unique in its grounding in cutting-edge research coupled with a strong focus on action and results. Run in partnership with UGM Consulting and Broadreach, our Getting to the C-Suite programme was crafted from decades of experience working with senior executives. Whilst none of the content is gender specific, the current dearth of women in the top executive ranks of organisations in all sectors was the inspiration to bring this powerful, results-oriented programme to the UK. It encompasses the latest research into the “skills gaps” that prevent more women from reaching the very top of corporations. Companies prepared to invest in their female talent pipeline will also benefit more broadly, as this recent Harvard Business Review story shows: Study: Firms with More Women in the C-Suite Are More Profitable.
As business models become obsolete more rapidly, the war for talent intensifies and change becomes a constant, C-Suite executives need new frameworks and competencies to chart a path through this change and to lead in a purposeful and collaborative way that brings the whole organisation with them. Professor Boris Groysberg (Harvard Business School), in an article written in 2014, found that top search consultant around the world are looking for Seven Skills which it is believed you need to 'Thrive in the C-Suite'. They are:
- Results orientation
- Strategic thinking and implementation
- Professional competence coupled with an understanding of technology trends
- Inclusive leadership
- Influencing skills
- Change management skills
It is these skills which form the basis for the programme's 6 half-day modules, which are usually completed over a 6 to 8 month period. Participants integrate their newly acquired insights and practical tools into their current role immediately and build on them progressively over the course of the programme. This immediate, practical benefit has enable many previous participants to gain part of full sponsorship from their employers for their places.
Individual module dates available for one-off booking are:
- Leading Effectively (Module 3), morning of 21st November 2018 - click here for details and booking
- Leading Collaboratively (Module 4), morning of 23 January 2019 - click here for details and booking
- Leading Strategically (Module 1), afternoon of 23 January 2019 - click here for details and booking
- Leading Purposefully (Module 5), morning of 20 February 2019 - click here for details and booking
- Leading Change (Module 2), afternoon of 20 February 2019 - click here for details and booking
- Leading Effectively (Module 3), afternoon of 20 March 2019 - click here for details and booking
- Leading Collaboratively (Module 4), afternoon of 15 May 2019 - click here for details and booking
- Leading Purposefully (Module 5), afternoon of 12 June 2019 - click here for details and booking
Click here for more details and dates for the full programme starting January 2019.
If you have any queries or concerns, please get in touch.
The full programme costs £3000 (inc VAT). Our January 2019 programme is currently available at 'early bird' pricing of £2,700, representing a 10% saving (until 15 November).
Many previous participants have gained part or full sponsorship from their employers through corporate learning and development funds.
Attendance at individual modules is priced at £600 (inc VAT).
Designed for women currently operating in "the marzipan layer" one or two levels below the executive suite, benefits include:
- A highly practical and evidence-based programme that enhances the critical skills and competencies demanded at the C-suite level.
- A range of practical tools, tips and techniques that can be applied immediately in the workplace.
- Follow up monthly briefings and learning alerts as part of a global alumni network.
- Understand what it means to “be strategic”.
- Acquire new change-leadership competencies that you can implement immediately.
To hear more about the full programme please see the webinar video below (30 minutes):
UK Programme Leaders - Broadreach
Dr Malcolm McGregor
Malcolm is an expert in the field of leadership development. After a successful senior executive career Malcolm completed a round-the-world yacht race and then a PhD. Malcolm now works internationally in the areas of Executive one-to-one Coaching; Leadership Programme Architecture and in Executive Team Facilitation. His work has a pragmatic focus ensuring quantifiable impact is reached in a consistent and sustainable way, balancing the commercial requirements of the business with the more personal needs of the individual.
Julie is Chair of Clear Returns, one of the UK’s most exciting technology start-ups. She is also CEO of Broadreach and provides specialist leadership consulting services to global blue-chip companies. Beginning her career with Tesco where she built a formidable reputation for delivering excellence in operations, Julie works extensively as an Executive Coach with various FTSE 100 companies and has held Interim Retail Director roles with Liberty and Punch Taverns. She also spent time as a retail specialist and Executive Partner EMEA with IBM.
Global Programme Designers - UGM Consulting
Dr Margaret Byrne
Margaret is a highly regarded international expert in the fields of leadership and diversity. She is an experienced executive coach and has held senior positions in several Australian organisations. Margaret has a BA and MA from Oxford, and postgraduate qualifications in adult learning from Bristol University. She holds three awards for innovation in the design of executive development and change management programs. Margaret is known for the way she balances intellectual rigour with a passion for practical outcomes that make a measurable difference to leaders and their organisations. She has published widely and her latest book is ‘Business Success in the Asian Century’.
Dr Grant Robertson
Grant has a PhD in leadership and also holds an MBA and Master of Electronic Commerce, a Bachelor of Social Science, as well as an Honours Degree in Psychology. Grant has held a wide range of positions in the corporate, public and education sectors and his special interests include leadership, strategy, culture and change. Grant has extensive experience in designing and delivering development programs for executives and high potential leaders. He is known for his energetic and engaging presentation style. He is an experienced executive coach.