Preparing female leaders to step into the top jobs
Our Getting to the C-Suite leadership programme equips you with the skills research shows are required to operate at the most senior levels. Importantly it will also build your ability and confidence to secure your next role – whether it is a step-up into the C-Suite or a stretch promotion.
The programme attracts a cross-sector cohort of senior women who complete six half-day modules over six-eight months in London.
>> Getting to the C-Suite September 2019 is enrolling now. Click here for course dates and booking.
Our Getting to the C-Suite programme covers the core skills identified as those recruiters prioritise in candidates for senior leadership positions by Professor Boris Groysberg’s (Harvard Business School) article ‘The Seven Skills You Need to Thrive in the C-Suite’. The programme modules cover Leading Strategically, Leading Change, Leading Effectively, Leading Collaboratively, Leading Purposefully and concludes with a practical 'C-Suite Challenge'. See more information on each module.
- "Clear models to breakdown behaviour & actions for effective leadership & influencing."
- "Very helpful& insightful. Real food for thought!"
It is developed and delivered by globally respected leadership consultants at UGM and BroadReach. It draws on the latest thinking in management and leadership combined with their practical experience operating and coaching at C-suite level.
- "The content was extremely good, and Malcolm, who led the programme, was quite simply brilliant." Phillippa Prongué, Kier Group
- "There was nothing about the programme.. that I didn’t enjoy. I used to feel uplifted after every session." Danielle Perfect, PwC
The programme content is highly practical. It contains tools and approaches that can be applied immediately in the workplace, supported by our ‘learning alerts’.
- "I also loved those follow up “nudges” afterwards, making sure we were implementing what we were learning." Annie Coleman, UBS
Many of our alumni have gone onto secure ambitious promotions or enhance their leadership skills for non-executive roles. Here are just a few examples of how our alumni have used what they learnt to further different career goals:
Who is it suitable for?
To date women from companies including UBS, RBS, Virgin Money, PwC, FarFetch, Mercer and Clydesdale Bank have benefitted from the programme, as well as those advancing their portfolio careers.
- "The cohort was very varied and it’s extremely useful and interesting to know such a range of great people" Emily Cox, Lloyds Banking group (formerly Virgin Money)
- "I was worried that I’d be surrounded by “super-City” types, but I couldn’t have been more wrong. The women in my cohort were..a delight to work with." Danielle Perfect, PwC
Getting to the C-Suite programme is suitable for those in senior and management roles across the private, public or not-for-profit sectors or leading from a non-executive position. If you’re unsure of your suitability for the programme, please get in touch by email
or call our small, friendly team on 0207 493 5852.
Previous participants recommend the programme as follows:
- "Very good content, format & delivery if you have got to the C-Suite or are on the way there"
- "Essential for those involved in any kind of strategy or change role. Provides practical advice & tools you can implement immediately to bring about more effective change."
- "Invaluable particularly if you are at a cross roads in your career. Very reflective, which can be hard/challenging but very important and hopefully will shape my next steps."
The full programme fee is £3,000 +VAT.
Many attendees have secured full or part sponsorship from their employer due to the immediate and practical benefits it brings. See more information on the programme content and benefits.
- "Self-investment is always a good one, and the Getting to the C-Suite programme was a great investment." Emily Cox, Lloyds Banking group (formerly Virgin Money)
- "Would I have still signed up for the programme if my company had not paid for it? Absolutely 100% yes." Phillippa Prongué, Kier Group
Find out more
See our September 2019 programme for an overview of each module, dates and booking information.
Join our FREE information webinar on Thursday 27 June, 13.00-13.30
We know our Getting to the C-Suite programme enables our alumni to realise their career goals - but is it right for you? This webinar is a chance to discuss the programme in more depth with programme leader Julie Ashworth, founder of BroadReach leadership consulting, together with Women on Boards founder and MD, Fiona Hathorn.
Alternatively, our founder Fiona Hathorn gives an overview of the programme below:
Individual module dates available for one-off booking are:
- Leading Purposefully (Module 5), afternoon of 12 June 2019 - click here for details and booking
Click here for more details and dates for the full programme starting September 2019.
If you have any queries or concerns, please get in touch.
UK Programme Leaders - Broadreach
Dr Malcolm McGregor
Malcolm is an expert in the field of leadership development. After a successful senior executive career Malcolm completed a round-the-world yacht race and then a PhD. Malcolm now works internationally in the areas of Executive one-to-one Coaching; Leadership Programme Architecture and in Executive Team Facilitation. His work has a pragmatic focus ensuring quantifiable impact is reached in a consistent and sustainable way, balancing the commercial requirements of the business with the more personal needs of the individual.
Julie is Chair of Clear Returns, one of the UK’s most exciting technology start-ups. She is also CEO of Broadreach and provides specialist leadership consulting services to global blue-chip companies. Beginning her career with Tesco where she built a formidable reputation for delivering excellence in operations, Julie works extensively as an Executive Coach with various FTSE 100 companies and has held Interim Retail Director roles with Liberty and Punch Taverns. She also spent time as a retail specialist and Executive Partner EMEA with IBM.
Global Programme Designers - UGM Consulting
Dr Margaret Byrne
Margaret is a highly regarded international expert in the fields of leadership and diversity. She is an experienced executive coach and has held senior positions in several Australian organisations. Margaret has a BA and MA from Oxford, and postgraduate qualifications in adult learning from Bristol University. She holds three awards for innovation in the design of executive development and change management programs. Margaret is known for the way she balances intellectual rigour with a passion for practical outcomes that make a measurable difference to leaders and their organisations. She has published widely and her latest book is ‘Business Success in the Asian Century’.
Dr Grant Robertson
Grant has a PhD in leadership and also holds an MBA and Master of Electronic Commerce, a Bachelor of Social Science, as well as an Honours Degree in Psychology. Grant has held a wide range of positions in the corporate, public and education sectors and his special interests include leadership, strategy, culture and change. Grant has extensive experience in designing and delivering development programs for executives and high potential leaders. He is known for his energetic and engaging presentation style. He is an experienced executive coach.