WOBSX is a director-led peer-to-peer support program developed in 2018 as a partnership between Women on Boards (WOB) and Dan Liszka at 99Strategies to assist women achieve ASX Board roles. The specific aims of the program are for participants to:
- improve understanding of the role and function of an ASX Director;
- better position themselves for roles in the sector;
- and develop stronger networks with the ASX Director community.
The aspirational goal of the program is that more than 25% of participants will have secured listed company ASX directorships within two years of completion. The program was over-subscribed in 2018 for the two cohorts running in Sydney under the guidance of two leading ASX NEDs and WOB is seeking to roll it out in other states.
Brief overview of WOBSX
- The program is by selection - we want to make sure you are ready to take advantage of the offer.
- Each program intake will have up to 13 participants who will work over an eight month period with an ASX Chair and/or Non Executive Director in a facilitated group mentoring environment.
- There are a minimum of eight (8) facilitated peer-to-peer group sessions that will run for up to three hours each.
- Each participant will also receive four (4) x one (1) hour mentoring sessions with the chair during the program.
- The program will incur a fee of $6,950 (ex gst).
Dan Liszka is a long term WOB friend and supporter, business coach & mentor who leverages his significant advisory expertise and access to knowledge, networks and capital to the project. Dan has a background in equity capital raising with a strong focus on small companies and corporate innovation.
Chair and NED Mentors
As of May 2018 have two highly qualified NEDs who are delighted to be mentors on this program.
Jon Brett is a Non Executive Director of ASX listed, Vocus Communication, private equity fund manager, business investor (including Airtasker and Blued) and formerly a director of Investec Wentworth Private Equity Limited, Godfreys Group Limited and The Pas Group Limited. He was also formerly the non-executive deputy president of the NRMA.
Melinda Snowden is a non-executive director with Kennards Self Storage, WAM Leaders Limited fund and Mercer Investments (Australia) Limited. She also serves on the council at Newington College in Sydney and is an advisory board member of retail start-up hardtofind. A former director of MLC Limited and Vita Group Limited, Melinda was in corporate finance for much of her career at Grant Samuel, Merrill Lynch and Goldman Sachs in Australia and New York. She worked on numerous strategic advisory and financing assignments and was also a solicitor with the corporate division of Freehills between 1991 and 1994.
I have some questions
Totally understandable. Now is a good time to ask them. Fortunately we have two great people to speak to:
- Dan Liszka, program convenor, 0413 616 538
- Ruth Medd, Chair of Women on Boards, 0419 407 231
I would like to express interest in this program
CLICK HERE to send the short pro-forma email to indicate you would like to be considered for the next cohort. Please include your CV and any other relevant information. If you are considered ready to apply you will receive an application form from Dan. Please note that you will need to be a paid subscriber (not just a network member) to apply for the program. The easiest way to check your status is to login to the website. Any troubles working this out please call the WOB office on 02 43210100.