WOBSX is a Chair-led peer-to-peer mentoring program that accelerates women into ASX board roles. It aims to get 25% or more of participants on boards within two years of completion of the program.
WOBSX is a practical. strategic and focussed program that aims to ensure a clear understanding of the role, responsibilities and function of an ASX director and the pathway to achieving a successful appointment. Working in a supportive and collegiate environment, participants will define their preferred sector, learn to position themselves within it, build their confidence and strengthen their networks within the ASX director community.
Who should attend?
Women who are preparing for their next career move as a Non Executive Director or aiming to achieve this in the near future; have occupied executive and/or C-Suite and/or key leadership roles in listed and large private companies or been in senior leadership roles in government, universities or very large third-sector organisations; or are presently in a role that has given them extensive experience in leading functions, divisions or business units.
WOBSX is working to build new partnerships across the investment, private equity and IPO sectors to create marketplaces for program graduates to connect to potential board and advisory roles. CLICK HERE
WOBSX has graduated three syndicates since commencing in 2018 and seen several woman achieve significant success. Use the links below to browse the profiles of the 36 women who have come through the program to date. Which of these accomplished women resonates with you?
- Helen Lynch AM Syndicate - December 2018
- Elizabeth Bryan AM Syndicate - February 2019
- Adrienne Clarke AC Syndicate - July 2019
Leanne Heywood - appointed to the boards of Midway (ASX: MWY) and Quickstep (ASX: QHL)
Sophie Ray - appointed as an independent director to the Board of RSL NSW
Sara Watts - appointed to the board of Syrah Resources (ASX: SYR)
Cheryl Hayman - appointed to the board of Shriro Holdings Limited (ASX: SHM)
Interested in WOBSX?
- CALL? Program Director, Dan Liszka, on (m) 0413 616 538 or Ruth Medd, Executive Chair, Women on Boards (m) 0419 407 231.
- APPLY? Click here to apply for WOBSX. Please include your CV and any other relevant information.
- FOLLOW WOBSX? Click here to follow WOBSX on LinkedIn and be kept updated on opportunities and developments.
- INTERESTED TO HEAR OTHERS TALK ABOUT WOBSX? Click here for more videos.