From Women on Boards’ new Legal Essentials for the Boardroom workshop to our sell-out Board Starter sessions and Build Your Board CV offerings, we have a range of resources to help you navigate your path to the boardroom.
Not sure where to start? Our virtual hour-long FREE information sessions are a great place to find out more about WOB’s offerings and to help you decide which programs, workshops or courses are right for you.
- Introducing WOB is our complimentary session where WOB Executive Director Claire Braund and WOB Chief Operating Officer Nicole Donegan explain what WOB does and how we can help you in your career, leadership and board journey.
- Member Orientation is a complimentary webinar for Full, Corporate or Premium WOB members who have taken the first step of joining WOB and need orientation around our many services and offering.
- We also run Information Sessions on our popular programs including The Boardroom School and Personal Career Management, and answer any questions from members about the programs.
Follow the WOB pathway to the boardroom
WOB offers practical and strategically focussed workshops to assist you to take the next steps in achieving board and committee roles. Developed over many years by WOB and informed by the experiences of thousands of women who have attended our programs, our workshops are suited to current and aspiring female board members
- Whether you are starting out, stuck in a rut or seeking new board opportunities, Board Starter is our 90-minute virtual workshop guaranteed to get you moving. This workshop brings real clarity around why adding board work to your portfolio of activities can enrich your employment opportunities and supports you to maximise your skills and experience and realise personal goals.
2. Are you really aware of the duties and standard of care required for company directors in Australia? Our new Legal Essentials for the Boardroom(a two-and-a-half hour workshop + one-hour follow-up webinar) is a foundational workshop that covers the duties and legal responsibilities of directors.
Designed for new, emerging and current directors, this workshop provides a case-based and highly informative introduction to the key obligations of directors and board members of commercial, NFP and incorporated organisations in Australia.
3. If you want to truly understand the business you oversee, you need to speak the language of financial statements. Finance Essentials for the Boardroom is a two-and-a-half hour workshop + one-hour follow-up webinar.
All board members to understand financial reports. You don't need to be a numbers expert but you do need to understand the key elements of a Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss and Cash Flow Statements, and know how and when to ask questions on areas which are not clear or give you cause for concern.
This workshop is suited to those who have a basic grasp of financial concepts as well as the more financially sophisticated who need a refresher. It is delivered by Mike Hill, Forensic Partner at McGrathNicol, and a senior female colleague at McGrathNicol corporate offices around Australia.
4. Build Your Board CV - So you’re ready to start applying for board roles? It’s time to get your board CV ready.
The key purpose of a board CV is to get you noticed and highlight the value you will bring to the board or committee. This can be difficult and time-consuming, requiring considerable thought and focus and external perspective. In fact, many people are still caught in the mindset of creating a board CV that looks like a traditional corporate resume instead of one that signals they are ready for the boardroom.
Our Build Your Board CV is a masterclass in preparing your CV for the boardroom and includes a two-and-a-half hour virtual masterclass, homework and then a one-hour virtual follow-up session to review progress (plus the option for a final review with a WOB Director).
Our Build Your Board CV Online Course
is a self-directed course that provides the tools, templates and guidance to enable you to create a quality board CV. Upgrade options are available if you need further support.