Financial Literacy workshop - What past participants said...
Karen attended in 2018. She is an experienced board member, executive consultant and coach, working across private, government, not for profit and tertiary sectors.
- What are your top three take-outs from the Financial Literacy course?
- It's really important to be financially literate;
- How to get the basics right when reading the financial statements and reports; and
- That it's great to come together with a positive group of amazing people.
- How will Financial Literacy help you going forward?
- Building financial literacy helped me to develop an understanding of one of the key areas required to be an effective board member and executive leader. It's a critical skill that facilitates a better understanding of what is happening, strategic thinking and decision making.
- What would you say to others considering the course?
- The course provides a comprehensive overview and insight. It's very well presented and pitched at a level that's equally suitable for those with limited finance knowledge to those with a broader knowledge, but not at the accountant level.
- What’s next on your Board agenda - are you considering new roles or consolidating existing roles?
- I've spent time working on a fabulous Not For Profit board and I'm open to looking at other board opportunities in the future. I’m often checking the WOB adverts and love attending the WOB events. My work is a combination of consulting, coaching and teaching, so I have the flexibility to add some board work in the future.
- In our executive coaching and leadership development business we undertake qualitative CEO performance reviews on behalf of the board, so this has allowed us to work more closely with boards at key times.
- We've recently continued to expand our executive coaching programs to include Well-being, Resilience and Ethical Decisions, resulting in some great outcomes for senior leaders and executives.
Well worth it! I thoroughly enjoyed the financial literacy workshop. Mike and Anne-Maree did a great job compressing key concepts into an easy-to-digest format. Ignited my interest! Will definitely recommend WOB and your professional development opportunities to my network. Thanks again.
I wanted to let you know that this course was excellent. Mike Hill and Janine Thompson were second to none in their delivery. They provided a lot of information and I especially enjoyed the “war stories” as these were very insightful.
Content was outstanding and very informative. This was exactly the session I have been looking for. I now have a better understanding of the structure and meaning of financial statements, terminology and key warning signs.