Women on Boards offers affordable half-day directorship courses in partnership with Governance Institute of Australia. Courses are available to WOB full members, global members, corporate members and champions at the discounted Governance Institute of Australia subscriber rate of $565. This is a saving of $395 on the first short course (cost of subscribing to the Governance Institute of Australia) and $30 for each subsequent short course taken during the year.
All courses have online access for 30 days from purchase.
GOVERNANCE AND RISK MANAGEMENT
Explores how governance and risk management are essential to an organisation’s improved corporate performance. This course offers an overview of the role of the board in governance and risk management; it examines current issues and explores best practice in strategic risk management.
The key objectives are to:
- define governance and its corporate contexts and frameworks
- identify current issues in governance and risk management
- examine the role of the Board and where risk management sits in that role
- examine the traits and practices of a ˆrisk-aware’ director
Who should register for this course?
- Directors (non-executive and executive)
- Managers who report to the board
- Risk managers or managers with risk responsibilities
- Consultants (risk, audit or management)
- And other parties who may be interested or involved in a company, such as company secretaries, legal counsel, analysts, communication consultants and regulators.