Effective Director Course - Sydney
3 - 5 August 2021, 9:00am to 4:45pm
Offered in partnership with Governance Institute of Australia.
Available to WOB Full, Global & Corporate members at the discounted GIA subscriber rate of $3,995. A saving of $205 for the course + $370 (cost of annual subscription to the GIA).
About the course
Explore the role of the company director and the board’s vital contribution towards organisational culture and sustainable governance, this course draws on theory, practice, and the collective knowledge of the participants to simulate the boardroom experience.
- What issues and challenges are faced by a director on a board?
- How can you best prepare for and understand directorship in the current landscape, with the lens firmly on director capability?
Is this course right for you?
This course is for:
- aspiring or newly appointed directors
- executives seeking director transition pathways
- directors wanting to refine their skills
- those needing to better understand the role and responsibilities of a director.
Dates and information on the individual course modules
Module 1: High Performing Boards — 3 August, 9am to 4:45pm
Module 2: Director dynamics — 4 August, 9am to 4:45pm, plus board dinner — 5pm to 6:30pm
Module 3: Board meeting simulation — 5 August, 9am to 12pm
Module 4: Acquiring a non-executive director role — 5 August, 12:45pm to 4:45pm
If you would like to register for the individual modules and receive the discounted subscriber rate please CLICK HERE