WOBSX is an intensive director-led peer-to-peer support program that accelerates women into ASX board roles. It has graduated almost 130 women since inception in 2018 of which 17 have achieved at least one ASX role, while others have directorships on large organisations in the private, government and superannuation sectors.
Applications are now open for our next Sydney Program
WOB is pleased to announce that our next Sydney WOBSX program will be Chaired by experienced ASX Director, Robyn Stubbs.
Robyn is a Non Executive Director & Executive Coach working across the commercial, government & not-for-profit sectors. She currently sits on the boards of ASX-listed Brickworks, Ingham’s Group and HomeCo Daily Needs REIT, Robyn is a recongised coach and facilitator & also provides leadership development services through the Stephenson Mansell Group.
Robyn's diverse client base spans banking, property, law, engineering, health, retailing, infrastructure and government. Prior to joining Ingham’s Group and HomeCo Daily Needs REIT, Robyn spent 8 years as a General Manager with Stockland, one of Australia's largest ASX listed property companies. View Robyn's LinkedIn profile HERE.
In recogniation of retiring WOB Australia Chair and co-founder, this syndicate will be named the Ruth Medd Syndicate.
Enquire / Apply
WOBSX is a director-led, peer support program to assist women achieve ASX Board roles. The specific aims of the program are for participants to:
- improve understanding of the role and function of an ASX director;
- better position themselves for roles in the sector;
- develop stronger networks with the ASX Director community.
The aspirational goal of the program is that more than 25% of participants will have secured listed company ASX directorships within two years of completion. The program has been over-subscribed since its launch in 2018. Ten syndicates have graduated.
- WOBSX is by application and rigorous selection as we want to ensure the women who take part are ready for the program.
- The program is professionally managed by Women on Boards and Dan Liszka (Program Director).
- Each program intake has a maximum of 13 participants who work as a syndicate over an eight-month period.
- Each syndicate is named after a female chair or director that has made a significant contribution to moving women into Board roles or to the field of governance more generally.
- Each syndicate works closely with an ASX chair in a facilitated group environment that mimics as far as possible the activities and decisions of an ASX board.
- There is a minimum of eight facilitated peer-to-peer group sessions that run for up to three hours per session on a monthly basis.
- Each participant also receives two (2) x one (1) hour individual mentoring sessions with the chair during the program.
- The program incurs a fee of $6,950 plus GST per participant.
- Each WOBSX syndicate is a proxy for an ASX board, where behaviour and contribution determine individual outcomes.
- In order to enrol in WOBSX you must be a FULL or PREMIUM member.
Who should attend?
Women who are preparing for their next career move as a Non Executive Director or aiming to achieve this in the near future; have occupied executive and/or C-Suite and/or key leadership roles in listed and large private companies or been in senior leadership roles in government, universities or very large third-sector organisations; or are presently in a role that has given them extensive experience in leading functions, divisions or business units.
WOB Chair Ruth Medd outlines who the program might be suitable for
Messages from Jon, Sara and Ruth
Syndicate Chair, Jon Brett shares his personal highlights on the WOBSX Program
Introducing Sara Watts, Graduate WOBSX 2018
Ruth Medd, WOB Chair, outlines the rationale behind WOBSX
Enquire / Apply?
Program Director, Dan Liszka on 0413 616 538
Apply here for WOBSX. Please include your CV and relevant information.
WOBSX on LinkedIn
to stay updated on opportunities and developments
Find out more
Graduates / Success stories
Tips for ASX Success
The WOBSX team