Update 27 July 2020
Last week members had a discussion on Proxy Votes. Here's the original question posed for discussion:
Discussion on Proxy Vote Governance
"As a board for a sporting association we are currently working through what has been quite an extensive process of reviewing and changing the rules. There is a current debate on how to manage Proxy voting. As a result of some long standing history/perception of proxy votes possibly being influenced inappropriately there is understandably some strong views on making this right. A request has come forward for Proxy Votes to only be managed through the Chairman which we actually believe would be inappropriate and a breach of good governance. There is consideration being given to Proxy voting to be established electronically with the appropriate security etc in place as an option. I would appreciate some direction on the most appropriate and current way for Proxy Votes to be managed within good governance that removes any concern or perception of individuals/groups inappropriately influencing outcomes."
20 July 2020
What are Members Talking About?
WOBShare is our online *member only forum, where members can chat directly with other members. The forum is secure, private and interactive, allowing members to:
- initiate, join and observe group discussions on a range of topics;
- have one on one contact with other members in the forum;
- share documents and information;
- access the member only resource library; and
- get the scoop on member only events.
The forum continues to grow, with members engaging in a range of thought provoking discussions.
Discussion topics have recently included:
- Virtual Board meetings - members have raised their concerns and frustrations with constant virtual meetings, with one member sharing details on the "worst board meeting she has ever had".
- Advice on gaining a board role.
- How to resolve a conflict of interest for a CEO's activities
- Working from home challenges during COVID
Build your network and learn
A key way to establish your board pathway is to develop and cultivate a supportive network. WOBShare enables you to do that in a safe environment. It's a great new member benefit that we introduced at the start of 2020 to enable members to connect, learn and support each other.
How to join the conversation
For details on how to access WOBShare click here
*Members denotes Full, Corporate and Global Members. It does not include Basic Members.