WOB established a Cultural Diversity Committee (CDC) with the aim of addressing barriers to opportunity and access to leadership and board & committee roles for culturally diverse women in Australia.
While WOB’s mission is to encourage and increase the assignment of women on boards, it also recognises that correcting the cultural diversity imbalance within gender is also an important step toward achieving optimally functioning boards. Our CDC will work toward addressing the barriers to opportunity and access to leadership roles for diverse women.
Successful applicants will work with the CDC to help it to achieve its purpose to:
• Undertake initiatives to increase the representation of culturally diverse women in board and leadership roles.
• Increase opportunities and access for women with aspirations to develop boards careers (i.e., training, coaching, internship and/or networking opportunities).
• Celebrate success through storytelling.
The Committee is looking for up to three WOB full / premium / corporate members who are Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander or have a culturally diverse background who are interested to join this Committee. Culturally diverse WOB members from regional areas will be favourably considered.
We are seeking Committee members who have the following attributes:
- A passion and interest in proactively supporting cultural diversity
- Genuine intention and ability to work collaboratively with others on the committee and the WOB organisation
- Willingness and ability to engage with members and external organisations/stakeholders
- Willingness and the time to undertake projects and tasks between meetings (approx. 4 hours per month)
- • Minimum commitment one year
- Ability to attend at least 70% of monthly meetings starting February 2022.
The CDC monthly virtual meetings generally take place from 5.30-6.30pm (Sydney time), with additional meetings and small working groups formed as needed.
You can find further information about the CDC’s purpose, current Committee Members, and our inaugural Counting Cultures survey results here.
How To Apply
This role is currently advertised on WOB's Jobs Boards (exclusive to FULL members). If you're not a FULL member but would like to take a look, you can view the role HERE
Please send your Board CV and a cover letter outlining your responses to the below criteria:
• What is your motivation to join the CDC? (100 words or less).
• What skills, background and/or experience (lived or shared) could you bring to the CDC? (100 words or less)
Applications should be addressed to:
0419 602 422