WOBSX is an Women on Boards’ intensive director-led peer-to-peer support program that accelerates women into ASX board roles.
- Joanne Ford appointed to Wide Open Agriculture (ASX:WOA)
- Fiona Jolly has been appointed to the Australian Institute of Building Surveyors board and GNS Wholesale Stationers Ltd board
- Lyn McGrath has been appointed to the Auswide Bank Ltd board and Credit Corp Ltd board
- Liz Smith has been appointed to the Australian Red Cross board and Chair of Audit and Risk for Pureprofile (ASX:PPL)
- Linda Fox has been appointed to the QV Equities board (ASX:QVE). And as Chair of their Nominations & Governance Committee. Member of the Audit & Risk Committee
- Ilona Meyer appointed as a member of the Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee of the Inner West Council
- Lisa May appointed as Chair of the Advisory Board for Priestly’s Gourmet Delights.
- Shelly Park has been appointed as Chair of Ambulance Victoria.
READ MORE: Robyn Stubbs to Chair new Ruth Medd WOBSX Sydney syndicate
WOBSX is an intensive director-led peer-to-peer support program that accelerates women into ASX board roles. It has graduated almost 130 women since inception in 2018 of which 17 have achieved at least one ASX role, while others have directorships on large organisations in the private, government and superannuation sectors.
The specific aims of the program are for participants to:
- improve understanding of the role and function of an ASX director;
- better position themselves for roles in the sector;
- develop stronger networks with the ASX Director community.
The aspirational goal of the program is that more than 25% of participants will have secured listed company ASX directorships within two years of completion. The program has been over-subscribed since its launch in 2018. Ten syndicates have graduated.
- WOBSX is by application and rigorous selection as we want to ensure the women who take part are ready for the program.
- The program is professionally managed by Women on Boards and Dan Liszka (Program Director).
- Each program intake has a maximum of 13 participants who work as a syndicate over an eight-month period.
- Each syndicate is named after a female chair or director that has made a significant contribution to moving women into Board roles or to the field of governance more generally.
- Each syndicate works closely with an ASX chair in a facilitated group environment that mimics as far as possible the activities and decisions of an ASX board.
- There is a minimum of eight facilitated peer-to-peer group sessions that run for up to three hours per session on a monthly basis.
- Each participant also receives two (2) x one (1) hour individual mentoring sessions with the chair during the program.
- The program incurs a fee of $6,950 plus GST per participant.
- Each WOBSX syndicate is a proxy for an ASX board, where behaviour and contribution determine individual outcomes.
- In order to enrol in WOBSX you must be a FULL or PREMIUM member.