The number of positions posted in 2021 was up by 22% on the number posted in 2019 (3062 compared with 2,519), when the data was last collected.
There was also an increase in the number of paid vacancies, with 67.20% of positions posted offering to remunerate board members in some way in 2021.
NFP Boards Remunerated up by 30%
The number of Not for Profits (NFPs) who post with WOB and remunerate their board members has jumped by 30% to 50% in 2021. This is a continuation of a growing and important trend.
There are 58,000 NFPs registered with the ACNC, compared with 2,000+ listed companies and 10,000 government boards. Access to an increasing pool of paid NFP roles will provide added flexibility to WOB members constructing their board portfolio.
Top 10 WOB Board Vacancies viewed in 2021
The top vacancy postings viewed by WOB members from 1 December 2020 – 1 December 2021 were:
- ID20773 Local Health District and Specialty Network Boards Register (government)
- ID20756 AHPRA National Boards (government)
- ID 23887 iSelect (ASX:ISU) (public listed)
- ID 20467 Secure Growth Property Funds (private company )
- ID22979 Newcastle Airport (private company)
- ID22813 Engineers Australia (not for profit paid)
- ID23094 Archer Materials Limited (ASX:AXE) (public listed)
- ID 22014 Primary Industries Education Foundation Australia (not for profit paid)
- ID23234 Grameen Australia (3 NED roles) (not for profit unpaid)
- ID22706 COORDINARE (not for profit paid)
WOB has offered a free Post a Board Position service since 2006. We keep statistics on postings and produce a regular summary. In addition, we try to track the success of WOB members via our On Board and Success Stories. So please continue to let us know when you get a board or committee role.
- Find out more about our vacancy board here
- Post a board vacancy here
- Join WOB for full access to board vacancies here
The annual vacancies survey represents 12 months of total vacancies. The 2021 dataset is November 2020 to November 2020, where previous years have been a full calendar year.