Your LinkedIn Profile - NEW Masterclass
Jeff Bezos is quoted as saying, "Your brand is what other people say about you when you're not in the room." But what happens when you’re never in the room? What happens when people search for you online, and they can't find you?
LinkedIn is the 'go to' marketplace for executive and board search firms which is increasingly replacing Twitter as the preferred platform for timely updates. It is shifting from being smug and self-congratulatory to a place where people genuinely build connections, share knowledge and showcase talent.
All of which leads to opportunities and means you need to build a differentiated personal brand and communicate it with consistency and razor-sharp clarity.
In this final masterclass for WOB in 2023, we invite you to join LinkedIn master trainer, Karen Tisdell, and WOB Co-Founder and CV guru, Claire Braund to learn how to connect the dots between having a persuasive profile and creating content that will capture the attention of your target audience, whether it be executive & board recruiters, chairs or HR professionals.
What we will do in half a day together?
- Craft a compelling headline
- Write an 'About' section which sets the tone for your personal brand on LinkedIn
- Learn how to write your 'Experience' in a way that accurately reflects the narrative of your career
- Re-order your 'Experience' to change the order of concurrent positions
- Upload, reorder and assign skills to your match your 'Experience'.
What you will take away from the time we share?
- Why keywords matter and where you need to put them
- What words to avoid and why you need new language for your board career
- How far back to go in your 'Experience' section
- What to do when the company you worked for has been bought out or merged with another company
- How to correctly ‘link’ to the right company and educational institution
- How to get recommendations, why they matter and how they can be used
- Protect yourself from bad actors and identity theft
- ....and much more
The masterclass runs for 3.5 hours and includes morning tea. You will also receive these additional benefits:
* Details regarding CliftonStrengths Assessment and 50% discount on the Director lunch will be sent in an email when you have completed your registration for Leveraging your brand & profile on LinkedIn.
NB: Registrations close Monday 16 October
- Top 5 CliftonStrengths Assessment* by Gallup to support you write your About section.
- A selection of graphically designed background images to put behind your terrific & current headshot on LinkedIn.
- A 50% discount to attend the Director Lunch* (held immediately after the workshop at Clayton Utz)
. Register now to avoid disappointment as Masterclass places are limited to 20 pax.
Presenter: Karen Tisdell
LinkedIn Profile writer & designer
LinkedIn trainer and speaker
An early-adopter of LinkedIn, Karen Tisdell recognised the platform’s potential when working as a recruiter. Identifying a niche and foreseeing the importance of how professionals are perceived online, Karen began her LinkedIn profile writing business in 2010. More than a decade on, she has written thousands of profiles for senior leaders and is ranked as one of the top 8 independent linkedin trainers across Asia Pacific.
Having been a guest on over 35 podcasts including our own 'In Conversation With Claire', Karen is a guest lecturer at UTS, a facilitator at the Australian Institute of Management, and is the NSW resident LinkedIn expert for Social Media College.
"Billed as a LinkedIn Profile Writer Karen is actually so much more as she challenges with words to extract the unique value directors bring to modern governance and boards".
"Karen was one of the most engaging and knowledgeable speakers I've heard. Her talk left me virtually mind blown by the depth of knowledge she has about LinkedIn, and I really appreciated her ability to connect with everyone in the room and got us all to take simple, practical steps right in the meeting on our own Linkedin profiles."
"I recognised I was not doing a good job of creating a profile that adequately encapsulated my career story in a succinct, personable and memorable way. Karen's tailored process for extracting 25+ years of career history and achievements is unique, incredibly effective and time-efficient."
With thanks to our corporate partner: