Your LinkedIn Profile - NEW Masterclass
Do you want to genuinely build connections, share knowledge, and showcase your talent on the global business networking and recruitment site?
LinkedIn has become the 'go-to' marketplace for executive and board search firms and is increasingly replacing Twitter as the preferred platform for timely news updates.
Understanding how to build a differentiated personal brand and communicate it with consistency and razor-sharp clarity on LinkedIn is critical to board and career success in today’s modern world.
Unless you have a great reason not to be on LinkedIn (such as working for ASIO!), then you need to create a profile and content that will capture the attention and respect of your target audience.
At WOB we know how difficult it is to succinctly tell your own story in a way that attracts all the right attention. Which is why we have recruited LinkedIn expert, Karen Hollenbach, to teach WOB members how to truly reflect their talent and build a solid and authentic brand on LinkedIn.
WHAT DOES THE LINKEDIN MASTERCLASS INCLUDE:
- Half-day (3.5 hour) face to face session with Karen Hollenbach limited to just 20 participants so you receive personalised attention and support.
- A Gallup CliftonStrengths Assessment* and personalised report to aid you in identifying what makes you unique so that you can differentiate from your peers, build a personal brand and showcase your strengths and skills. Valued at $50.
Click here to view a sample of the report you will receive.
- A selection of graphically designed background images to put behind your current headshot on your LinkedIn profile.
- A 50% discount to attend the WOB Director Lunch*, held immediately after the workshop and also at Clayton Utz.
WHAT WE WILL DO IN HALF A DAY TOGETHER?
- Craft a compelling headline
- Write an 'About' section which sets the tone for your personal brand on LinkedIn
- Learn how to write your 'Experience' in a way that accurately reflects the narrative of your career
- Re-order your 'Experience' to change the order of concurrent positions
- Upload, reorder and assign skills to your match your 'Experience'.
WHAT YOU WILL TAKE AWAY FROM THE TIME WE SHARE?
- Why keywords matter and where you need to put them
- What words to avoid and why you need new language for your board career
- How far back to go in your 'Experience' section
- What to do when the company you worked for has been bought out or merged with another company
- How to correctly ‘link’ to the right company and educational institution
- How to get recommendations, why they matter and how they can be used
- Protect yourself from bad actors and identity theft
- ....and much more
* 50% discount on the Director lunch will be sent in an email when you have completed your registration for the LinkedIn Masterclass.
Registrations close Wednesday 10 October. Register now to avoid disappointment as Masterclass places are limited to 20 registered participants.
Presenter: Karen Hollenbach
Independent LinkedIn Specialist Consultant, Educator, Writer & Speaker
Karen Hollenbach is the Founding Director of Think Bespoke. As a LinkedIn specialist trainer and strategist she offers a unique perspective on how to get more from your time on LinkedIn.
Karen works closely with private, public and government organisations and social
enterprises across Australia. She co-facilitated the LinkedIn workshop for Monash
Business School from 2020-2022 and has worked with State Library Victoria, Grattan Institute, Dementia Australia, legalsuper and trained the RMIT University careers team.
Karen is a Company Director, Registered VIT Teacher and holds a Graduate Diploma Education, Bachelor of Business Marketing and a Diploma of Management. As a Digital Minimalist, Karen enjoys many analogue activities away from a screen including reading, time in nature and deep conversations with friends and family.
Event Host: Claire Braund
Non-Executive Director, WOB Pty Ltd (appointed April 2006)
Executive Director, Women on Boards Australia (appointed Feb 2018)
Chair, Central Coast Conservatorium of Music
Non-Executive Director & Governance Committee Chair, Coast Shelter Emergency Accommodation Ltd
As the co-founder of Women on Boards, both in Australia (2006) and the UK (2012) it goes without saying that Claire has a wealth of experience in working with women who are seeking board roles. She is an informed, entertaining and engaging presenter who brings the world of boards across a wide range of sectors alive to participants and is able to quickly connect the dots and match people to areas aligned to their skills and interests. Claire is an experienced Non-Executive Director on small businesses and large Not-For-Profit organisations and has a deep understanding of the board environment across a wide range of sectors.
We approached Karen with a very specific brief, and she delivered a perfectly tailored LinkedIn session for our audience. Attendees gave unprompted feedback about how engaging, practical and helpful the session was — which is always a good sign! Thank you, Karen.
Karen ran a great session for our staff on maximising LinkedIn networking and engagement for our members and community. She is an engaging presenter with a heap of easy to implement and effective tips.
The training provided by Karen was very useful and made everyday sense as to how we can use LinkedIn more effectively and get better results. She provided excellent live examples and was very clear with her training. I highly recommend Karen and her training if you are looking for ways to make your LinkedIn experience actually
With thanks to our corporate partner: