Your LinkedIn Profile - NEW Masterclass
Do you want to genuinely build connections, share knowledge, and showcase your talent on the global business networking and recruitment site?
LinkedIn has become the 'go-to' marketplace for executive and board search firms and is increasingly replacing Twitter as the preferred platform for timely news updates.
Understanding how to build a differentiated personal brand and communicate it with consistency and razor-sharp clarity on LinkedIn is critical to board and career success in today’s modern world.
Unless you have a great reason not to be on LinkedIn (such as working for ASIO!), then you need to create a profile and content that will capture the attention and respect of your target audience.
At WOB we know how difficult it is to succinctly tell your own story in a way that attracts all the right attention. Which is why we have recruited LinkedIn expert, Karen Tisdell, to teach WOB members how to truly reflect their talent and build a solid and authentic brand on LinkedIn.
WHAT DOES THE LINKEDIN MASTERCLASS INCLUDE:
- Half-day (3.5 hour) face to face session with Karen Tisdell limited to just 20 participants so you receive personalised attention and support.
- A Gallup CliftonStrengths Assessment* and personalised report to aid you in identifying what makes you unique so that you can differentiate from your peers, build a personal brand and showcase your strengths and skills. Valued at $50.
Click here to view a sample of the report you will receive.
- A selection of graphically designed background images to put behind your current headshot on your LinkedIn profile.
- A 50% discount to attend the WOB Director L.unch*, held immediately after the workshop and also at Clayton Utz.
WHAT WE WILL DO IN HALF A DAY TOGETHER?
- Craft a compelling headline
- Write an 'About' section which sets the tone for your personal brand on LinkedIn
- Learn how to write your 'Experience' in a way that accurately reflects the narrative of your career
- Re-order your 'Experience' to change the order of concurrent positions
- Upload, reorder and assign skills to your match your 'Experience'.
WHAT YOU WILL TAKE AWAY FROM THE TIME WE SHARE?
- Why keywords matter and where you need to put them
- What words to avoid and why you need new language for your board career
- How far back to go in your 'Experience' section
- What to do when the company you worked for has been bought out or merged with another company
- How to correctly ‘link’ to the right company and educational institution
- How to get recommendations, why they matter and how they can be used
- Protect yourself from bad actors and identity theft
- ....and much more
* 50% discount on the Director lunch will be sent in an email when you have completed your registration for the LinkedIn Masterclass.
Registrations close Monday 16 October. Register now to avoid disappointment as Masterclass places are limited to 20 registered participants.
Presenter: Karen Tisdell
LinkedIn Profile writer & designer
LinkedIn trainer and speaker
An early-adopter of LinkedIn, Karen Tisdell recognised the platform’s potential when working as a recruiter. Identifying a niche and foreseeing the importance of how professionals are perceived online, Karen began her LinkedIn profile writing business in 2010. More than a decade on, she has written thousands of profiles for senior leaders and is ranked as one of the top 8 independent linkedin trainers across Asia Pacific.
Having been a guest on over 35 podcasts including our own 'In Conversation With Claire', Karen is a guest lecturer at UTS, a facilitator at the Australian Institute of Management, and is the NSW resident LinkedIn expert for Social Media College.
Event Host: Claire Braund
Non-Executive Director, WOB Pty Ltd (appointed April 2006)
Executive Director, Women on Boards Australia (appointed Feb 2018)
Chair, Central Coast Conservatorium of Music
Non-Executive Director & Governance Committee Chair, Coast Shelter Emergency Accommodation Ltd
As the co-founder of Women on Boards, both in Australia (2006) and the UK (2012) it goes without saying that Claire has a wealth of experience in working with women who are seeking board roles. She is an informed, entertaining and engaging presenter who brings the world of boards across a wide range of sectors alive to participants and is able to quickly connect the dots and match people to areas aligned to their skills and interests. Claire is an experienced Non-Executive Director on small businesses and large Not-For-Profit organisations and has a deep understanding of the board environment across a wide range of sectors.
"Billed as a LinkedIn Profile Writer Karen is actually so much more as she challenges with words to extract the unique value directors bring to modern governance and boards".
"Karen was one of the most engaging and knowledgeable speakers I've heard. Her talk left me virtually mind blown by the depth of knowledge she has about LinkedIn, and I really appreciated her ability to connect with everyone in the room and got us all to take simple, practical steps right in the meeting on our own Linkedin profiles."
"I recognised I was not doing a good job of creating a profile that adequately encapsulated my career story in a succinct, personable and memorable way. Karen's tailored process for extracting 25+ years of career history and achievements is unique, incredibly effective and time-efficient."
With thanks to our corporate partner: