WOBChat is an interactive fortnightly online session designed to fill the current void. We’ll provide a facilitated, friendly environment for members to meet, network, share and learn - online.
It will be a relaxed and informal session with an agile agenda around the following:
- meet others in the network (with attendee details provided post WOBChat for you to follow up);
- ask questions;
- practice your pitch (& get feedback);
- get comfortable with your virtual presentation;
- we’ll discuss topical issues driven by attendees around governance, the impacts of COVID-19 and board journeys;
- meet special guests;
- build your confidence; and
- meet new members in other states.
This event is provided FREE OF CHARGE to Full, Corporate, Global Members and Champions.
Reflecting on Remembrance Day, WOB Executive Director & Co-Founder, Claire Braund will chat with Retired Brigadier Alison Creagh about women in the Defence Force, her defence career, and transition to board career.
Alison retired from the Australian Regular Army in March 2015 after a 30-year career spending much of her career as an officer in the Royal Australian Corps of Signals. She served on operations in Cambodia, East Timor, Iraq and Afghanistan and has planned and supported numerous operations in Australia and overseas.
Alison Creagh AM CSC
Alison is a retired brigadier in the Australian Defence Force was recently been made a Member of the Order of Australia in the Queen's Birthday Honours.
Experienced Chair, Non Executive Director and Adviser with a demonstrated history of working with Veterans, Defence and Defence Industry, Cyber Security, the higher education sector and the rowing community.
A leader skilled in Governance, Strategic Planning, ICT and Cyber Security, Crisis Management, Government Procurement, Government and Sport Administration.
Strong business development professional with Master Degrees focused in Project Management and Defence Studies and Graduate Diplomas in Strategic Studies and Communications Information Systems.
- WOBChat will be run through GoToMeeting, which can be accessed through your PC/ Mac or phone.