WOBChat is an interactive fortnightly online session designed to fill the current void. We’ll provide a facilitated, friendly environment for members to meet, network, share and learn - online.
Join Rita Capodici, Shing Ka and Ruth Medd for a discussion about the Cultural Diversity in leadership project.
Come prepared to contribute:
- Has your cultural heritage impacted your board career. If so how has it helped or hindered?
- If you serve on a board, tell us about how you got your first role?
- Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give to aspiring board members from a non-Anglo Celtic background?
The first of our 4 questions -
- Tell us about your career and the boards that you serve on? - we will ask the participants to put info into the chat function.
WOBChat is provided FREE OF CHARGE to Full, Corporate, Global Members and Champions.
Ruth Medd - Chair, Women on Boards Australia & Non Executive Director, Women on Boards UK
Ruth is a Certified Practising Accountant and former IT professional who has been pursuing a career as a non executive director since 2000. As well as being Chair of Women on Boards she is chair of Australian Chocolate Pty Ltd (Charley's) and a director of the National Foundation for Australian Women and the NSW Historic Houses Trust. Some of her former roles are chair of Australian Ethical Superannuation, a member of the NSW Casino Control Authority and a director of the Infants Home at Ashfield. Prior executive roles include executive director of the Australian Association of National Advertisers and senior positions with Telstra, the Australian Broadcasting Tribunal and the Federal Government.
Chief Information and Digital Officer and board director, with experience in Australia, the US, UK and Europe. Worked for large & established organisations , as well as start-ups and low-maturity practises. Concentrated experience in banking, payments, financial crime, local government and technology start-ups.
Shing has built an extensive professional career with over 20 years of experience in finance, accounting and taxation. Her experience includes positions with global accounting firms and leading tax functions at large global ASX listed companies. With a diverse career background covering the utilities, consumer goods, energy & resources and insurance industries, Shing has accumulated strong financial literacy, corporate governance, regulatory compliance and risk management skills. These skills are strengthened by broad international/local business and regulatory understanding and acumen.
- Dial-in-details to be provided upon registration.
- WOBChat will be run through GoToMeeting, which can be accessed through your PC/ Mac or phone.