Next Generation of Female Leaders
expressions of interest for Next Gen 2020
Are you considering career development opportunities in 2020? Something to challenge and invigorate you in your personal and professional life? Then take a look at our Next Generation of Female Leaders program, that commences in March and concludes in September each year in Sydney NSW.
CLICK HERE to send the short pro-forma email to tell us that you would like to be reminded when applications open.
The program has a track record of success and is known for delivering real and tangible outcomes to:
- women seeking to re-position themselves for leadership roles,
- women who are looking for ’the next big thing’, and
- women seeking to lead authentically through periods of rapid transformation.
The overarching purpose of the program is to increase the capacity of women within their organisations and industries and provide them with the confidence and visibility to successfully engage with senior leadership and boards. Specific objectives are to enable participants to achieve key leadership roles - now or in the future - and to be successful and have impact once they are there.
CLICK HERE to find out how to apply
Key Dates for 2019
Session 1: Thursday 4th & Friday 5th April
Session 2: Thursday 13th & Friday 14th June
Session 3: Thursday 19th & Friday 20th September
Who Should Attend
- Women in management and senior roles seeking to be challenged, inspired, engaged and stretched to achieve influential and strategic leadership roles, now and in the future.
- Women seeking to reposition themselves within their career.
- Women seeking professional growth and a fresh perspective.
What will the program deliver?
Download the flyer
- Powerful workshop sessions supported by an action learning project close the gap between theoretical and practical learning.
- Challenging group work with opportunities to argue ideas, share the latest theories and opinions.
- Deep and transformational learning to build female leaders capacity, confidence and ability.
- Interaction and opportunity to build relationships with a cohort of intelligent women with compelling ideas, opinions, experience and knowledge to challenge and inspire.
- Connections across multiple sectors – corporate, government, SME and NFP - some of which may be outside your usual networks.
- Capacity to learn from people from a wide range of diverse organisations.
- An understanding of how to manage gender issues in your career.
“Loved this program, would recommend it highly to women that wish to improve their leadership skills. I cannot speak highly enough of this program and what I have taken away from it.
” 2016 graduate
Watch these short videos to learn more about the program from past Next Gen graduates.
The program runs in Sydney annually from March to September with a maximum of 40 participants as follows:
- 33 by application and competitive selection
- 2 scholarships places - Closed Friday 8th February
- 5 from our corporate host partner
Three coaching sessions per participant are embedded within the program to reinforce and support learning and actions. Our certified coaches will offer the first session before the session 1, between sessions 1-2 and sessions 2-3. We ask participants to make scheduling these valuable coaching sessions an absolute priority.
It is important that you understand the time commitment when applying. Aside from the six workshop days, participants need to commit between 50 and 80 hours to working on a project that runs for the duration of the program. The project is a group (syndicate) based activity. The majority of the planning and interviews for the project are conducted out of session with the support of an external syndicate advisor (mentor) who is appointed to assist each syndicate.
$6,600 for six days including all course elements, networking events, three individual coaching sessions and dinner in Sydney during the March and September sessions. To be paid in two installments ($3,300 by February 2019 and $3,300 by July 2019.)
CLICK HERE to find out how to apply
"It’s a unique blend of theory and practice and an unparalleled opportunity to access the wisdom of Chairpersons, NEDs and senior executives of some of the country’s leading enterprises. It’s also an incredible opportunity to work with motivated and intelligent women from a variety of different business backgrounds, which brings fresh perspective to the way you approach your own business operations. Congratulations on putting together such a game changing program." - Fiona Daly, Global Regulatory Affairs Manager, Energy Developments
“The course provided extensive exposure to leadership theory, the opportunity to hear from leaders across a range of industries and opened many doors to thought leaders across the broader business community which we interviewed as part of the syndicate project work. The combination of the course work, one-on-one coaching sessions, plus the insights gained from the leaders I interviewed and guest speakers who spoke during the program, enabled me to reflect on my own leadership journey to date and the type of leader I want to be. I have used these insights to focus on my strengths and build a roadmap for the next chapter of my career.” - Jacinta Barnes, Strategy Manager, Castrol Australia Pty Ltd
“Next Gen’ has kick started a career repositioning process and much more for me. The WOB combination of powerful workshop sessions coupled with the opportunity to access some amazing senior leaders for interview and fact finding has been extraordinary. The group work was highly challenging, these sessions provided opportunities to argue ideas, share the latest theories and opinions.
I was challenged from the outset and have left inspired and with the access to great career coaches and the wider network, this inspiration is fast turning into action. ‘Next Gen’ has been amazing, exhausting and a real opportunity for career and personal growth!” - Di Beauchamp, Chair of the Governance & Risk committee of our board (Good Grief), Non-Executive Director Good Grief Pty Ltd, Marketing and Management Consultant