COVID-19 Services and Refund Policy
We are adapting our services to meet member needs
Amid the changes we all face from Coronavirus COVID-19, Women on Boards will continue to support its members and extend the resources of the network to others during these uncertain times.
Changes to existing services
- Reduced annual membership renewal prices by 20% for this period to $165, in recognition of the difficulty that many members face.
- Converted our events and workshops to webinars and reduced the cost for all.
- Moved our Conference to 2021.
New services we have introduced
- A new series of expert webinars on how COVID-19 will impact organisations and what directors need to consider.
- Our popular Directors' lunches have moved online. A bonus is that with technology we can do this nationally, not just by state, increasing connectivity.
- WOBChat - a new online inititave hosted by Claire Braund to enable members to CHAT about the current situation, key issues faced and how you are feeling (like a WOB Radio program).
- Articles and thought leadership to look beyond COVID-19 to understand what the landscape will look like when the worst is over. Read Ruth's first article here
- Information and resources about COVID-19. Click Here
- Fast tracking the launch of our new online community WOBShare, so members can connect and learn in a regulated and supportive environment.
It's business as usual as we continue to do the following.
- Sourcing and advertising board and commitee vacancies.
- Providing our weekly Monday newsletter (make sure you are subscribed).
- Sending you SNAP Vacancy emails (be sure to update your profile so you receive the right matches).
- Providing updates on LinkedIn, FaceBook and Twitter. Make sure you follow us and join the conversation.
- Emailing you board vacancies every Tuesday.
- Providing telephone and online support to members.
We are contacting everyone who has registered for an event that has been cancelled or converted to a webinar or other online options. You have the option to:
- Transfer your registration to the webinar version;
- transfer your registration to another date when things are up and running again as normal; or
- receive a full refund if you don't want to transfer or participate in the webinar version.
Please email WOB if you have any queries.
Use this time constructively
We encourage you to continue (or start) you boardroom journey during COVID-19. Use the extra time you have at home constructively.
It's clear to us that governance has not stopped. In fact, it's more important than ever before. Here are a few things you can consider doing:
- Develop or update your Board CV.
- Update your WOB Profile - make sure you're subscribed to received emials, have selected your target areas for board roles (so we can match you) and that you're visible to other members.
- Update your LinkedIn profile;
- Update your covering letter;
- Apply for a board position;
- Listen to a WOB podcast;
- Follow WOB on LinkedIn, FaceBook and Twitter.
- Reach out and connect with someone you met at a WOB event.
- Identify any skills gaps you have and undertake some online learning during isolation; and
- Attend a WOB webinar or WOBChat to connect with other WOB members and learn.
We need your support
Like all organisations, WOB is also facing challenges during this uncertain time. We deeply value our members and very much hope that you renew your membership and continue to attend virtual events and workshops during this time.
If there is anything we can do to assist you, please do let us know.
The WOB Team