Our partnerships in 2020
INSEAD International Directors Programme
Women on Boards is proud to have partnered with leading graduate school, INSEAD, to offer its International Directors Programme. WOB receives a percentage of the fee paid by every person who comes referred by us.
About the programme
The International Directors Programme is INSEAD's flagship course in corporate governance and is a unique educational experience that aims to develop effective directors for the global business scene. Today's boards have to contend with a host of new pressures, challenges and risks in addition to evaluating the performance of the CEO and senior executives. They must therefore set the company's strategic direction, often across diverse product markets and geographies, and monitor the firm's risk profile.
Set within an international contect that is unique in direction eduation, the IDP offers practical and tested frameworks and tools to sharpen judgement and decision-making skills. It also augments the oversight abilities of directors seeking to boost their existing competencies or to be better prepared for new board mandates. In three focused modules, participants will master strategies for the following fundamental areas: board effectiveness and dynamics; board decision-making and oversight: and director effectiveness and development.
The IDP consists of three modules which represent the knowledge base that trained directors are expected to master and which form the basis of effective board membership. Within each module, the programme will focus on three fundamental questions:
- What do directors need to know in order to set the direction of the company?
- What are the proper boundaries within which the company should operate?
- How best can directors exercise their responsibilities to get things done in the boardroom?
Each module runs over three days in either Singapore OR Fontainbleau OR a combination of both location.
CLICK HERE for more information on the content of the IDP
- Understanding the broader context in which boards operate and the responsibilities that come with a board mandate
- Providing an overview of the knowledge and competences expected from directors in today’s environment
- Developing skills that contribute to the creation of an effective board culture and performance
- Honing the ability to challenge executives through positive exchanges focused on the key issues that underpin corporate performance
- Joining a unique network of board members from a variety of industries and geographies
- Upon successful participation in the three modules, obtain a credential in corporate governance by presenting a paper for the INSEAD Certificate in Corporate Governance
- Chairs and Non-Executive Directors of listed and private corporations
- CEOs, COOs, CFOs and other C-suite executives
- Family members and controlling shareholders of larger family boards
- Government and non-profit organisations and agencies
- Senior professionals from the institutional investment community
- Senior partners of professional firms who serve boards and interact with them frequently
Participants should have sufficient exposure to board matters and must demonstrate that they possess the credibility and competences required to assume board-level responsibilities.
CLICK HERE for testimonials from Australian Alumni of the IDP
If you would like to talk to a WOB member who has undertaken the IDP, please contact us. If you apply directly please remember to reference WOB in your application.
Parents on Leave
Women on Boards is partnering with the boutique organisation, Parents on Leave™, to provide an innovative new program for men and women who are on parental leave.
Conceived and developed by senior global talent executives, Sheena Wilson and Catherine Brown, Parents on Leave™ is a unique Program, designed to support a seamless career connection for professionals taking parental leave.
Parents on Leave™ has identified a clear need for a program specifically focused on providing an intellectually stimulating, confidence-building ‘career bridge’ for those on parental leave; to help assure a confident, purposeful re-entry into the workplace when the time comes.
For more information visit the Parents on Leave™ website.
For a program reference please contact Claire Braund, Executive Director, Women on Boards.