As well as working with individual women (and some men) who are trying to navigate a successful path to directorship, Women on Boards UK has over 5,000 corporate employee members from organisations as diverse as PwC, Google, Scottish Water and Carillion plc.
Our work with corporations includes events and workshops for male and female employees and managers, which cover topics including:
- Research-based tips and tricks to navigate your career
- The importance of making your achievements known, your impact in meetings and understanding influence
- Career resilience, inclusion and stereotypes
- How board and committee roles [from school governorship and industry associations to public sector committees and charity trusteeship] can form part of a successful career strategy.
For our corporate members we typically run in-house workshops for 20-30 women. Our two most popular workshops are;
- On Track for Success - managing your career and how taking on one board role can accelerate success
- Managing your Career - career planning and resilience, networking and influence.
We also run a 6-module Leadership Programme for senior executives called Getting to the C-Suite. For more information click here.
WOB membership also gives corporate employees’ access to personal advice on understanding their boardroom-relevant skills and access to WOB's monthly Events (Boardroom Insights), Masterclasses, Mentors, the WOB Vacancy Board – and the connections of the broader WOB network both nationally and globally.
Supporting employees to see their current role in the context of a broader career strategy and giving them the opportunity to add an outside committee role or trusteeship to provide variety and new challenge can increase job satisfaction whilst building skills, strategic understanding and industry networks.
For more about our Corporate Membership offering, please click here. You can also see our current UK subscribers on this page.
This very short video from Sheena WIlson, a WOB Champion, shares 6 important career tips.