Getting to the C-Suite Programme
Designed for senior executives around the must-have C-suite skills that research shows top recruiters are looking for, this revolutionary, state-of-the-art programme will help women step forward with confidence to make the transition into the executive suite.
To listen to a youtube clip about the full programme then click here for a webinar recording (8 minutes).
As business models become obsolete more rapidly, the war for talent intensifies and change becomes a constant, C-suite executives need new frameworks and competencies to chart a path through this change and to lead in a purposeful and collaborative way that brings the whole organisation with them. For his 2014 article, The Seven Skills you need to Thrive in the C-Suite, Professor Boris Groysberg of Harvard Business School surveyed top search consultants around the world and concluded that recruiters for C-suite roles are looking for:
- Results orientation
- Strategic thinking and implementation
- Professional competence coupled with an understanding of technology trends
- Inclusive leadership
- Influencing skills
- Change management
The programme comprises 6 half-day modules which are usually completed over a 6 to 8 month period.
- Leading Strategically
- Leading Change
- Leading Effectively
- Leading Collaboratively
- Leading Purposefully
- C-Suite Readiness Challenge
Each module will be limited to 20 participants, who will become part of the programmes' global alumni network. Participants integrate their newly acquired insights and practical tools into their current role immediately and build on them progressively over the course of the programme
- Leading Strategically Module 1 24th January 2018, 2 -5.30pm
- Leading Change Module 2 22nd February 2018, 2 -5.30pm
- Leading Effectively Module 3 21st March 2018, 2 - 5.30pm
- Leading Purposefully Module 4 23rd May 2018, 2 - 5.30pm
- Leading Collaboratively Module 5 13th June 2018, 2 - 5.30pm
- C-Suite Readiness Challenge Module 6 5th July 2018, 2 - 5.30pm
The 6 half-day modules - high level overview
Leading Strategically - Module 1
- Become crystal clear on what it means to ‘be strategic’ as a senior leader.
- Learn how strategic thinking, strategic planning and implementation combine for project success.
- Get a powerful set of practical tools to turbo-charge your strategy and implementation.
Leading Change - Module 2
- Learn how to increase the effectiveness and success of your change projects.
- Respond effectively to constant change and help your people cope with it.
- Acquire a comprehensive set of change tools you can deploy in multiple change contexts.
Leading Effectively - Module 3
- Distinguish between leading and managing at senior levels and become better at both.
- Use neuroscience to boost your influence in diverse contexts here and internationally.
- Communicate effectively at all levels using a smart formula that boosts clarity and impact.
Leading Collaboratively - Module 4
- Know how to build strong teams that work collaboratively and inclusively for best outcomes.
- Employ powerful techniques to get the most out of meetings - the highest-cost activity for execs.
- Get an edge through powerful insights and tools for leading in diverse, multicultural organisations.
Leading Purposefully - Module 5
- Lead with purpose and integrity by clarifying your values and aligning your actions.
- Build resilience through focus on the physical, emotional and values dimensions of your life.
- Develop a robust action plan for achieving your C-suite goals.
C-Suite Readiness Challenge - Module 6
- Test your C-suite skills in a real-life business challenge that you’ll tackle as part of a small team.
- Design your solution to the problem, drawing on all the tools and models you’ve learned.
- Present your team’s business plan for assessment by an expert panel and get constructive feedback.
For further information about the programme please get in touch with Christina.Reilly@womenonboards.co.uk or call the WOB office 0207 493 5852.
Designed for women currently operating in 'the marzipan layer' one or two levels below the executive suite, benefits include:
- A highly practical and evidence-based programme that enhances the critical skills and competencies demanded at the C-suite level.
- A range of practical tools, tips and techniques that can be applied immediately in the workplace.
- Follow up monthly briefings and learning alerts as part of a global alumni network.
- Understand what it means to “be strategic"
- Acquire new change-leadership competencies that you can implement immediately.
Attendees will be:
- Senior executives in the private, public or not-for-profit sectors who are looking to move up to one of the top roles in their organisation
- Interested in keeping up with the latest thinking on management and leadership
- Keen to become part of a cross-industry and cross-sector alumni group of peers, that will provide ongoing career support and connections.
The Getting to the C-Suite programme includes ongoing support and membership of both a UK and global alumni network. UK participants will also benefit from a 1-year subscription to the WOB UK network, which provides access to board vacancies, personal support with developing a Board CV and connections when preparing for board interviews. For the full benefits of joining the WOB network, please click here.
To hear more about the full programme click here for the webinar link (8 minutes)
UK Programme Leaders - Broadreach
Dr Malcolm McGregor - Malcolm is an expert in the field of leadership development. After a successful senior executive career Malcolm completed a round-the-world yacht race and then a PhD. Malcolm now works internationally in the areas of Executive one-to-one Coaching; Leadership Programme Architecture and in Executive Team Facilitation. His work has a pragmatic focus ensuring quantifiable impact is reached in a consistent and sustainable way, balancing the commercial requirements of the business with the more personal needs of the individual.
Julie Ashworth - Julie is Chair of Clear Returns, one of the UK’s most exciting technology start-ups. She is also CEO of Broadreach and provides specialist leadership consulting services to global blue-chip companies. Beginning her career with Tesco where she built a formidable reputation for delivering excellence in operations, Julie works extensively as an Executive Coach with various FTSE 100 companies and has held Interim Retail Director roles with Liberty and Punch Taverns. She also spent time as a retail specialist and Executive Partner EMEA with IBM.
Global Programme Designers - UGM Consulting
Dr Margaret Byrne - Margaret is a highly regarded international expert in the fields of leadership and diversity. She is an experienced executive coach and has held senior positions in several Australian organisations. Margaret has a BA and MA from Oxford, and postgraduate qualifications in adult learning from Bristol University. She holds three awards for innovation in the design of executive development and change management programs. Margaret is known for the way she balances intellectual rigour with a passion for practical outcomes that make a measurable difference to leaders and their organisations. She has published widely and her latest book is ‘Business Success in the Asian Century’.
Dr Grant Robertson - Grant has a PhD in leadership and also holds an MBA and Master of Electronic Commerce, a Bachelor of Social Science, as well as an Honours Degree in Psychology. Grant has held a wide range of positions in the corporate, public and education sectors and his special interests include leadership, strategy, culture and change. Grant has extensive experience in designing and delivering development programs for executives and high potential leaders. He is known for his energetic and engaging presentation style. He is an experienced executive coach.