Preparing female leaders to step into the top jobs
Designed for senior executives around the must-have C-suite skills that research shows top recruiters are looking for, this revolutionary, state-of-the-art programme will help women step forward with confidence to make the transition into the executive suite.
We run this C-Suite modular programme twice a year starting in September and again in January. The September 2017 programme is now full but the January 2018 programme still has places. If you want to book on the programme for January 2018 then please click on this link and or email the office on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reserve you a place. See a few comments from the current participants:
- "Very good content, format & delivery if you have got to the C-Suite or are on the way there & are leading or managing change."
- "Clear models to breakdown behaviour & actions for effective leadership & influencing."
- "Very helpful& insightful. Real food for thought!"
- "Essential for those involved in any kind of strategy or change role. Provides practical advice & tools you can implement immediately to bring about more effective change."
- "Invaluable particularly if you are at a cross roads in your career. Very reflective, which can be hard/challenging but very important and hopefully will shape my next steps."
If you are interested read on or watch these brief videos that explain more.
As business models become obsolete more rapidly, the war for talent intensifies and change becomes a constant, C-suite executives need new frameworks and competencies to chart a path through this change and to lead in a purposeful and collaborative way that brings the whole organisation with them. For his 2014 article, The Seven Skills you need to Thrive in the C-Suite, Professor Boris Groysberg of Harvard Business School surveyed top search consultants around the world and concluded that recruiters for C-suite roles are looking for:
- Results orientation
- Strategic thinking and implementation
- Professional competence coupled with an understanding of technology trends
- Inclusive leadership
- Influencing skills
- Change management skills
Women on Boards UK run this programme in partnership with UGM Consulting and Broadreach. The programme is also available in Australia. Getting to the C-Suite is unique in its grounding in leading-edge research coupled with a strong focus on action and results.
To date women from UBS, RBS, Virgin Money, PwC, FarFetch, Mercer and Clydesdale Bank have benefitted from the programme.
Companies prepared to invest in their female talent pipeline will also benefit more broadly, as this recent Harvard Business Review story shows: Study: Firms with More Women in the C-Suite Are More Profitable.
A revolutionary Programme
The Getting to the C-Suite programme was crafted from decades of experience working with senior executives and encompasses the latest research into the “skills gaps” that prevent more women from reaching the very top of corporations. Whilst none of the content is gender specific, the current dearth of women in the top executive ranks of organisations in all sectors was the inspiration to bring this powerful, results-oriented programme to the UK.
The programme comprises 6 half-day modules which are usually completed over a 6 to 8 month period. Participants integrate their newly acquired insights and practical tools into their current role immediately and build on them progressively over the course of the programme. The dates for the modules are:
- Leading Strategically 24 January 2018
- Leading Change 22 February 2018
- Leading Effectively 21 March 2018
- Leading Purposefully 23 May 2018
- Leading Collaboratively 13 June 2018
- C-Suite Readiness Challenge 5 July 2018
Designed for women currently operating in "the marzipan layer" one or two levels below the exeuctive suite, benefits include:
- A highly practical and evidence-based programme that enhances the critical skills and competencies demanded at the C-suite level.
- A range of practical tools, tips and techniques that can be applied immediately in the workplace.
- Follow up monthly briefings and learning alerts as part of a global alumni network.
- Understand what it means to “be strategic”.
- Acquire new change-leadership competencies that you can implement immediately.
Full Programme (6 modules): £2,500 + VAT
Individual modules: £550 + VAT
Module 1 - Leading Strategically
Recruiters for top executive roles place heavy emphasis on strategic capability. And whilst candidates often have no trouble recounting how they tackle the day-to-day operational matters, many stumble when asked about strategic perspectives. This module demystifies strategy and provides participants with strategic tools in the form of models, frameworks and perspectives.
- “Insightful, intelligent, inspired. Deep learning in practical, no-nonsense style.” Claire Braund, Executive Director
- “Very thought provoking. Many take-aways. Lots to practice.". Sharon Newell, Senior Manager
For brief information on each module please click here
to download this one pager.
UK Programme Leaders - Broadreach
Dr Malcolm McGregor
Malcolm is an expert in the field of leadership development. After a successful senior executive career Malcolm completed a round-the-world yacht race and then a PhD. Malcolm now works internationally in the areas of Executive one-to-one Coaching; Leadership Programme Architecture and in Executive Team Facilitation. His work has a pragmatic focus ensuring quantifiable impact is reached in a consistent and sustainable way, balancing the commercial requirements of the business with the more personal needs of the individual.
Julie is Chair of Clear Returns, one of the UK’s most exciting technology start-ups. She is also CEO of Broadreach and provides specialist leadership consulting services to global blue-chip companies. Beginning her career with Tesco where she built a formidable reputation for delivering excellence in operations, Julie works extensively as an Executive Coach with various FTSE 100 companies and has held Interim Retail Director roles with Liberty and Punch Taverns. She also spent time as a retail specialist and Executive Partner EMEA with IBM.
Global Programme Designers - UGM Consulting
Dr Margaret Byrne
Margaret is a highly regarded international expert in the fields of leadership and diversity. She is an experienced executive coach and has held senior positions in several Australian organisations. Margaret has a BA and MA from Oxford, and postgraduate qualifications in adult learning from Bristol University. She holds three awards for innovation in the design of executive development and change management programs. Margaret is known for the way she balances intellectual rigour with a passion for practical outcomes that make a measurable difference to leaders and their organisations. She has published widely and her latest book is ‘Business Success in the Asian Century’.
Dr Grant Robertson
Grant has a PhD in leadership and also holds an MBA and Master of Electronic Commerce, a Bachelor of Social Science, as well as an Honours Degree in Psychology. Grant has held a wide range of positions in the corporate, public and education sectors and his special interests include leadership, strategy, culture and change. Grant has extensive experience in designing and delivering development programs for executives and high potential leaders. He is known for his energetic and engaging presentation style. He is an experienced executive coach.
For more information on our other corporate workshops: Managing your Career; On Track for Success; and Getting Started: Realising your Board Potential, please contact Joanne Read.
The Getting to the C-suite programme is kindly sponsored in the UK by Aberdeen Asset Management and Berwin Leighton Paisner