Our new boutique mentoring program to improve your understanding of the role and function of an ASX director and to enable you to better position yourself for listed company roles. WOBSX has come about in response to the growing numbers of WOB women who are ready and sometimes being considered for ASX (and equivalent) roles, but are falling short along the way.
The aspirational goal of this new program is that more than 25% of participants secure listed company directorships within two years of completing the program. A big fat hairy goal we know – but one that the quality of the women in the WOB network more than makes possible to achieve.
- The program is by selection - we want to make sure you are ready to take advantage of the offer.
- Each program intake will have up to 12 participants who will work over a 10 month period with an ASX Chair and/or Non Executive Director in a facilitated group mentoring environment.
- There are a minimum of eight (8) facilitated peer-to-peer group mentoring sessions that will run for up to three hours each.
- Each participant will also receive four (4) x one (1) hour sessions with the chair during the program.
- The program will incur a fee of $6,950 (ex gst).
Dan Liszka is a long term WOB friend and supporter, business coach & mentor who leverages his significant advisory expertise and access to knowledge, networks and capital to the project. Dan has a background in equity capital raising with a strong focus on small companies and corporate innovation. He is also CEO of NSW Leaders.
Chair and NED Mentors
We announced our first WOBSX Advisory Group Chair in Februrary 2018.
Jon Brett is a Non Executive Director of ASX listed, Vocus Communication, private equity fund manager, business investor (including Airtasker and Blued) and formerly a director of Investec Wentworth Private Equity Limited, Godfreys Group Limited and The Pas Group Limited. He was also formerly the non-executive deputy president of the NRMA. Jon is excited about the contribution he can make as the first WOBSX Advisory Group Chair and developing a relationship with the program participants.
I have some questions?
Totally understandable. Now is a good time the time to ask them. Fortunately we have two great people to speak to:
- Dan Liszka, program convenor, 0413 616 538
- Ruth Medd, Chair of Women on Boards, 0419 407 231
I would like to express interest in this program
CLICK HERE to send the short pro-forma email to indicate you would like to be considered for the next cohort. Please include your CV and any other relevant information. If you are considered ready to apply you will receive an application form from Dan. Please note that you will need to be a paid subscriber (not just a network member) to apply for the program. The easiest way to check your status is to login to the website. Any troubles working this out please call the WOB office on 02 43210100.