- Become crystal clear on what it means to ‘be strategic’ as a senior leader.
- Learn how strategic thinking, strategic planning and implementation combine for project success.
- Get a powerful set of practical tools to turbocharge your strategy and implementation clarity and impact.
Recruiters for executive, C-level and board roles place heavy emphasis on strategic capability for good reason. It is the responsibility of upper levels of management and the board to generate and approve a well considered, viable plan for the future. Candidates can recount how they tackle the day-to-day, operational matters. But, many stumble when asked about strategic perspectives. Even when people have definite strategic capability there is often an inability to talk about it because they aren’t able to access models, frameworks and perspectives of how it works. This practical module provides proven frameworks and tools relevant and valuable in many different strategic contexts.
- A proven, highly practical and evidence-based program that enhances strategic thinking and strategic planning capability.
- A range of practical tools and tips to support strategic thinking and strategic planning, both individually and with colleagues.
- An opportunity to develop and practise tools and techniques during the workshop. People often deploy their skills within minutes of the module ending!
- Learning alerts to reinforce and embed your new strategic skills. Monthly briefings that will keep strategy and strategic thinking front-of mind and refresh and deepen your learning.
- Understand what strategy is and how to use practical tools to achieve high quality strategic outcomes. Be able to distinguish between a strategic and an operational approach.
- Examine five key elements of strategic contexts and six essential skills of strategic leaders. Consider how these can strengthen and direct your own strategic approach.
- Use a range of practical tools and frameworks to complete a series of strategically-oriented exercises with colleagues.
- Explore a range of strategy planning tools that will guide future strategic planning efforts and also serve you well in executive or board level interviews.
This program is suited to:
- Women needing tangible tools, tips and strategies to their next big role change.
- Those seeking senior roles (now and in the future).
- Women already in senior leadership roles and looking to gain additional skills.
Dr Margaret Byrne
Margaret is a highly regarded international consultant in the related fields of leadership and diversity. Her PhD examined problem-solving meetings, involving women and men, filmed in Australia and Asia. She is an experienced executive coach and has held senior positions in several Australian organisations. In 2007, she was a national finalist in the Telstra Businesswoman of the Year Awards. Margaret has published widely and her latest book is ‘Business Success in the Asian Century’. She’s known for her humour, intellectual rigour and focus on practical outcomes.
Dr Grant Robinson
Grant has a PhD in leadership and a number of postgraduate qualifications, including an MBA. Grant has held a wide range of positions in the corporate, public and education sectors. His capacity to solve problems from a multi-disciplinary perspective, drawn from his diverse business experience, is a key strength. This is particularly valuable to the many clients who rely on UGM to accurately diagnose and resolve organisational health and performance challenges, as well as UGM’s active research program. Grant’s special interests include leadership, strategy, culture and change.
With thanks to our event partner