Please note that only NAB employees are able to register for this workshop.
Join Sheena Wilson, Non-Executive Director, Management Consultant and former CEO of BNY Mellon India & Global Head of Talent Strategy and Claire Braund, Executive Director at Women on Boards for the career focused On Track for Success workshop closing the gap between professional career and future board aspirations.
The half-day workshop looks in particular at how women can achieve more from their career and encourages critical thinking and strategic thought about their career goals. On Track for Success incorporates research‐based career development discussions and activity, to help women realise their potential within their current role, as well as information about what goes on in the boardroom and the types of non-executive director and committee roles people might realistically target at different points in their career.
Topics that are covered as part of the workshop:
Managing your career - what really matters
- position yourself for career advancement
- making achievements known
- sponsors and mentors
- plan for a future board career - it's never too early
- good management to get there
Doing yourself justice
- career vs board CV
- how to pitch yourself
- 'the right kind' of networking
The content has been developed over many years working to help thousands of women take action to address their career aspirations and challenges. It is practical, strategic, highly interactive, and case studies and examples are selected to suit the background and situation of those attending.
The workshop is expertly facilitated and runs for 4 hours with a short break. Chatham House Rule applies.
The workshop is suited to women at various stages of their career:
- High potential women of all ages who might benefit from broadening and enriching their career experience through an external position;
- Women seeking to develop their career resilience ‐ for example around career breaks;
- Those thinking about board roles for the first time and seeking strategic and practical advice on accessing these positions.
Register now to advance your career.