Join us for this special one-off event as members of the NSW syndicates from our 2017 Next Generation of Female Leaders' program share what they learnt from interviewing Australia's leading CEOs and company directors.
Next Gen is a high level learning and development program for women in key management or executive roles. It increases the visibility of high potential women within their organisations and industries and provides them with the confidence and capacity to successfully engage with senior leadership and boards.
A key aspect of the program is 'Project Getting Ahead' which requires participants to work in syndicates to interview a minimum of two leaders from any sector and work this into their presentation at the end of the program. The insights gained are invaluable and make for a great and interactive event.
Format for Leadership in Focus
Members of the program alumni will lead us into the evening, sharing experiences, learnings and key takeaways from their exchange with leaders.
These introductory presentations will be followed by a guided panel discussion with the directors that have been interviewed as part of the program to discuss leadership on a grander scale. The session will be facilitated by Claire Braund, Executive Director at Women on Boards and then discussion opened to the floor.
Come prepared with questions and comments for the panel and ready to engage with the WOB network to make some great personal and business connections.
Chatham House rule applies.
2017 Next Gen Participants - NSW
- Nicole Ashcroft - Safety Designer, Ernst Young
- Sophie Brown - HR Director, Hilti Australia Pty Ltd
- Luisa Di-Finizio - General Manager Direct Banking, Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Cathy Giorgione - Head of OD Talent Culture & Leadership, Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Tracy Harvey - General Manager IB&M Finance, Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Sarah Hesse - Water and Environment Manager, Cardno
- Kathryn Howard - Director, IT Service Management Forum Australia
- Renee Howie - General Manager Marketing IB&M, Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Felicity Lee - Legal Counsel, Woolworths
- Olivia Macky - Production Manager, Christchurch Operations, BOC Ltd - NZ
- Leanne McDougall - General Manager PB BB SME & Digital, Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Sophie Pang - Supply Chain Optimisation and Asset Manager, BOC Ltd
- Rebecca Reardon - Non Executive Director, NSW Farmers Association
- Vicki Rigg - Executive Director, Palisade Investment Partners Limited
- Helen Robinson - Manager, business efficiency, Synergy - WA
- Wendy Russell - Self employed
- Phillipa Tziolis - Executive Officer, Royal Australian Navy - NT
- Fiona Venn - Associate Director, WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff
- Betty Zhao - Marketing Key Projects Manager-Healthcare, BOC Ltd
Next Gen Syndicate Advisors - NSW
Kerry has over 25 years’ experience with large development and infrastructure projects in a range of sectors inside Australia and overseas. A senior investment banker and commercial lawyer, Kerry is currently the Managing Director of Copernican Securities Pty Ltd, a specialist consultancy providing corporate and strategic advisory services across Australia and Asia. Her breadth of experience and skill set covers strategy, governance, audit and risk management, major project financing, capital markets and infrastructure.
Marcella has over 20 years of experience in senior leadership and coaching roles in Australia and Europe working in a wide range of sectors and industries including government and not for profit. Marcella specializes in coaching leaders and boards through volatile and complex organizational transformations. She has successfully designed and facilitated a range of programs from executive strategic planning sessions to change leadership and career planning coaching programs. Before establishing her own company, Growing Organisations Pty Ltd, Marcella held a Director role in the not-for-profit sector and Head of HR role in an iconic Australian medical device company. These roles involved successfully leading teams through significant change programs.
Marcella has qualifications and expertise in Organisational Transformation, Lean Sigma, Psychology, HR, Coaching, a range of psychometric tools, and Action Learning which she loves to share when working with organisations and leaders.
Janet is a professional director and strategic management and investment consultant. She has broad non-executive and executive experience in the financial services sector, notably in superannuation, investments and markets, and in the engineering sector. Successfully managing change is a hallmark of Janet’s career.
Janet’s business management expertise covers governance, strategy, risk management and change, both operational and cultural. Her extensive investment expertise covers investment governance, strategy, analysis and forecasting, management and advice.
Janet has established strong professional and community links and has well established networks across the financial and investment sectors. She has broad experience in the not-for-profit sector. She champions healthy and sustainable stakeholder relationship management with a 'people-first' communication style.