A workshop designed to help you with strategies for board and career development. Learn about what it takes to be a director and strategies for including board work in your career.
The workshop will be presented via webinar - a Women on Boards initiative for all members who live outside mainland capital cities or unable to attend a face-to-face workshop.
Many of us are convinced that we have the skills and wisdom to contribute to the boardroom, but don't know enough about the role or the board recruitment process to position ourselves to get there. Others are intrigued by the possibility of having a real impact on society through directorship, but need convincing that their experience is transferable to the boardroom, along with some insights into how to access the roles. If either of these sounds like you, you will enjoy this workshop and leave with a renewed commitment to finding a board role.
The workshop content has been developed over many years working to help hundreds of women take action to address their career challenges and aspirations.
The topics covered include:
- Managing your career and how to include a NED or trustee position
- About directorship; the role, duties and legal responsibilities of directors
- Directorship opportunities; market intelligence on board roles and how to apply
- Doing yourself justice when applying for board roles.
Suited to people:
- Looking at long-term career options
- Thinking about or already on a board
- Seeking strategic and practical advice
- Looking for an influential support network
This workshop is split into two sessions (you will have to be able to attend both to complete the workshop):
Tuesday 2nd November 2017 (12:00noon- 1:30pm AEST)
Tuesday 15th November 2017 (12:00noon - 1:30pm AEST)
"Great to have this resource for remote and regional people. Far exceeded expectations and great value for money." - past participant
"Thank you for the opportunity to gain first hand experience of being in the presence of high calibre women who inspire and drive other women who have already achieved career status." - past participant
You can check the system requirements for webinar participation here.